The American Kennel Club recognizes 195 breeds of dogs. On the list, there is probably a dog breed for everyone. To make it easier to find the perfect dog, the AKC breaks the list down into seven groups, which includes herding, non-herding, sporting, terrier, toy, hound and working.
Despite the list, there are some dogs that are just hard for people to tell apart and are often confused for other breeds. While their breed may be obvious to some, these pups often suffer from mistaken identify!
1. German Shepherd and Belgium Malinois
2. Italian Greyhound and Whippet
3. Alaskan Malamute and Siberian Husky
4. Boston Terrier and French Bulldog
5. Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso
6. Shetland Sheepdog and Rough Collie
7. Beagle and American Fox Hound
8. Cairn Terrier and Norwich Terrier
9. Saint Bernard and Moscow Watchdog
10. Vizsla and Red Bone Coonhound
Leave a Reply