Animals are adorable and hilarious and neither photographs nor paintings can ever capture all of the amazing things about animals. Bu the artist Hercule Van Wolfwinkle comes close, making hilarious artwork, bringing the quirkyness of animals to life with his animal portraits.
The man behind the Facebook page Pet Portraits By Hercule and the Instagram account portraitsbyhercule, Phil Heckels, takes in commissions and creates funny portraits of people's pets. Working under his pseudonym of Hercule Van Wolfwinkle, he has gathered a following of 113k on Facebook and 21k on Instagram. He has even published a book called Rubbish Pet Portraits.
Heckels started all of this when he was doodling with his child. When he included these funny little drawings in his thank you cards to people, everyone loved it and he posted these on Facebook. Before long, he started getting commissioned to make pet portraits.
Apart from entertaining people on the Internet, Heckels also wants to make a difference, so instead of paying him for his drawings, you can donate that money to Turning Tables, an organisation that helps the houseless.
Via Website / Instagram / Facebook
- 1. A mythological 2-in-1 rooster.
- 2. This dog is loooooong.
- 3. A distinguished, if not slightly anxious, gentleman.
- 4. This doggo looks absolute fancypants.
- 5. A many-headed deer monster.
- 6. Santa Paws bringing us Christmas cheer.
- 7. He doesn't know why you would do this to him but he loves you anyway.
- 8. Horses are supposed to be graceful.
- 9. This corgo doggo is longo.
- 10. Doggo derp caught in action.
- 11. Floof alert.
- 12. This guinea pig has an amazing head of hair.
- 13. Derp catto is here.
- 14. An elegant birb.
- 15. This pupper was just having a lazy day with his one long leg.
- 16. This is the first step of this cat taking over the world.
- 17. I'm guessing the photographer is about 0.53 seconds away from being murdered.
- 18. A ball of fluff.
- 19. Doin' an investigation.
- 20. What the ducks.
- 21. This doggo's head is so smol and round.
- 22. The tongue expands after swimming in the ocean.
- 23. Upside-down goofy-pie.
- 24. Is the correct term "Mer-doggo" or "Mer-pupper"?
- 25. "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Superdog!"
- 26. Braying the song of his people.
- 27. Fun at the park.
- 28. That is a truly wonderful poofy hairstyle.
- 29. What a handsome gentleman.
- 30. This guinea pig is chonky.
- 31. When you open the camera app on your phone and it's on selfie mode.
- 32. The decency diaper in the illustration is the best part.
- 33. Grumpy cat or confused cat?
- 34. This cat truly hates the vet tech holding her down.
- 35. Thiiiin and loooong.
- 36. Egg on egg.
- 37. Feeling fancy after a day at the salon.
- 38. He's not yawning, he's chanting the lines that will open the gates to Hell.
- 39. "Why are you home so late? What have you got to say for yourself, hmm?"
- 40. Having an existential crisis at a window of an evening.
- 41. Is this a ballerina I see before me?
- 42. "Wow. I. Am. So. BEAUTIFUL!"
- 43. Branch Manager busy at work.
- 44. Airing out all the bits while having a little snooze.
- 45. The happiest little girl!
- 46. He looks like he just cracked a dad joke.
- 47. This pupper is doing his best to ignore the world.
- 48. That little smirk!
- 49. Chonky in the middle.
- 50. "Paint me like one of your French girls. Or else."
Leave a Reply