Some say there's no such thing as an adult dogs because all dogs are really puppies because they carry their adorable looks and playful personalities into their old age too. But ass hard as it is to think about, our beloved companions will someday leave us and we will only have our precious memories to remember them by.
So let's looks at some glorious dogs in their golden years, aging gracefully and adorably as ever, showing us how to retire in style!
1. This gorgeous pup just turned 15. Happy birthday!
2. Sweet little Bear is 14.5 years old. Doesn't she look adorable?
3. Meet the cutest girl on the block: 18-year-old Dune!
4. Sammy just turned 17 but still looks great!
5. This 13-year-old pup was adopted by her new human when she was 11 because her old family didn't want her anymore
6. At 15 years and 5 months, Einstein is still looking cute!
7. Granite here may be old in age but he is still young at heart
8. This 16-year-old Chihuahua named Rooster may be tiny, deaf and blind but she is mighty
9. Mia is 17 now but she is still up for running around and playing with the cats
10. Aliza may be old but you can't fool her. You definitely pooted, she can tell!
11. If Timber isn't playing outside, then she's snoozing inside
13. An old soul meeting a new soul
14. This 14-year-old Labrador with vitiligo looks like a panda bear
15. Libby is 13 now and looks just as cute as she did as a puppy
16. They've spent the last 15 years as best friends. Here's to getting older together!
17. This senior pup's human is a bus driver and they go to work together every day
18. Going for a car ride with Dad is still fun!
19. Mikey is 15 and will forever be the best gift under the Christmas tree
20. She's got a smile that can launch a thousand ships
21. Sweet and fluffy little Amber is 18 now!
22. Look at that sweet smile, it just melts away all your troubles
23. This doggo is proving that you're never too old for an adventure
24. Maxwell's got the sweetest and toothiest little smile, don't you think?
25. She's 12 and weak but she loves snoozing on the bed with her favourite human and her favourite stuffed toy
26. This 13-year-old sweetie just got adopted and it looks like she's loving her new home
27. He is now too old to go adventuring but you'll always have these memories
28. Sadie is 15 and is the proud owner of the cheekiest smile on Earth!
29. This 15-year-old absolute unit is deaf and struggles to stand but still has a happy little smile for everyone
30. Shadow looks like a wise old man with lots of life lessons to share with you
31. This aged pup knows that your retirement is best spent floating in a pool
32. She's too old to walk on her own so she takes her walks in the neighbourhood getting pushed around in this wheelbarrow
33. Old or young, all dogs love a good chin scratch!
34. Look at Doc, what a dapper gentleman!
35. She may 11 years old but she looks exactly like a smol puppy
36. 15-year-old Sammy got stuck playing in the snow and his Dad had to rescue him!
37. Artie got adopted when he was 15 and now he and human are best friends!
38. This 13-year-old senior pup looks so distinguished!
39. Buddy may look like a puppy but he's actually 17 years old
40. Maggie loves her humans so much she shares her leaf discoveries with them. You can look but don't touch!
Dogs become such a huge part of our lives but they leave all too soon. Even if life is so sad, these senior pups are here to remind us that there is still joy to be found everywhere around you no matter your age. All you have to do is be ready for the adventures.