The Chow Chow resembles a teddy bear but is far from it in character. Presents himself with dignity and pride while being discreet, proud, and stubborn.
They have a unique style of being. On the one hand, they are independent loners, they do not like hugging and cuddling, and showing affection. On the other hand, these dogs are devoted and will make excellent guard dogs.
The Chow Chow is one of the oldest dog breeds. The ancient breed probably originated in Siberia, Mongolia, and northern China and spread further south thanks to nomadic Mongolian tribes. It was originally a working dog, used for herding, hunting, pulling loads, and guarding property.
This breed is very unique. When you've considered his character traits, and you've brought your chow chow home, what do you name him?
Don't worry. We got you covered. These lists contain the best, most popular names. Check them out, and choose the right name for your big teddy bear.
Popular Chow Chow names
Most used and popular names for Chow Chow.
Female Chow Chow names
Great names for your fluffy girl.
Male Chow Chow names
Fluffy boy, fluffy name!
- Little Boy
They're next-level cute!
Teddy bear coolness.
Chinene names with Meanings
Some origin names ideas with meanings.
- Manchu – “pure”
- Rong – “a person who brings honor and prospers”
- Lian – “she who is graceful as a willow”
- Bik – “strong”
- Cong – “one who has lots of wisdom and excels in every aspect”
- Hui – “sharp, quick, or clever”
- Cui – “prince”
- Gho – “a responsible and inspirational being”
- Lixue – “pretty and pure as a snow”
- Berndt – “brave like a bear”
- Ju-long – “strong and mighty like a dragon”
- Syaoran – “he who is a little wolf”
- Chang – “an unhindered spirit”
- Na – “an elegant or smooth person”
- Mey – “gorgeous, pretty, or stunning”
Puppies of Chow Chow are really sweet and adorable!
- Boo Boo
We're happy for helping your picking the right name for your fluffy pup. Please, check out our other great name ideas bellow!